Diplomatic protocol as a tool of international economic relations
Both the official (state and diplomatic) and business protocols are frequently used in Europe; in Russia, it has become a focus of attention in recent years. Thus, there arises a need of training specialists in protocol. However, this aspect has not been tackled effectively by Russian universities. This article is aimed at identifying the need for the professional study of protocol at Russian universities. The paper analyses the level of teaching protocol disciplines in Europe and Russia and considers the results of the first Russian forum on protocol. The main conclusion drawn is that there is a need for introducing a qualification of an expert in protocol into Russian science. This research will help Russian universities create training plans for protocol disciplines.
2. Wood, D., Serret, J. 1974, Diplomaticheskij ceremonial i protokol [Diplomatic ceremonial and protocol], Moscow.
3. Semiletnikov, N. А. 2008, Diplomaticheskij protokol [Diplomatic Protocol], Minsk.
4. Liadov, P. F. 2004, Istorija rossijskogo protokola [History of the Russian protocol], Moscow.
5. International School of Protocol in Brussels, available at: http://ispdbrussels.org (accessed 07 June 2011).
6. Forum-vystavka "Sluzhba protokola" [Forum and Exhibition " Service Protocol"], available at: http://protocol-service. ru (accessed 09 June 2011).