Network Modelling of Transboundary Cooperation between Russian and Belarusian Regional Enterprises: the case of the Kaliningrad and Grodno Regions
This article examines the development of a new process within Russian-Belarusian-Kazakh integration — interregional transborder cooperation. Network modelling is suggested as a mechanism for its regulation. The authors present a network model of transborder cooperation between the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus based on the case of the Kaliningrad and Grodno regions. The model is developed on the basis of the well-known and widely accepted PERT. It covers the three main stages of the whole transborder cooperation process identified in the case of the two regions — the Kaliningrad and Grodno: organisational and analytical support, methodological and technological support, and the development of a complex cooperation programme. The working version of the model includes approximately 150 events. As to its purpose, it is a representation of a well-balanced established international coordination programme of transboundary cooperation at a level of two regions.
2. Borodavkina, N. Yu. 2010, Osobennosti transgranichnogo sotrudnichestva subjektov predprinimatel'stva Kaliningradskoj oblasti [Especially cross-border cooperation of businesses Kaliningrad], Vestnik Immanuel Kant State University of Russia, no. 3, p. 80—89.
3. Ivchenko, V. V. 2008, Setevoe programmirovanie razvitija primorskih regionov Rossii: teorija, metodologija, praktika [Network programming, development of coastal regions of Russia: theory, methodology, practice], Kaliningrad, Izdatel'stvo Rossijskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta imeni I. Kanta.
4. Ivchenko, V. V. Bilchak, М. V. 2009, Modelirovanie razvitija prigranichnoj jekonomiki kak faktor preodolenija krizisnyh javlenij v regione [Modeling the development of cross-border economy as a factor in overcoming the crisis in the region], Vestnik Baltijskogo nauchnogo centra, no. 1 (29), p. 40—47.
5. Raizberg, B. А., Lobko, А. G. 2002, Programmno-celevoe planirovanie i upravlenie [Software-oriented planning and management], Moscow, INFRA-M.
6. Regiony Rossii. Social'no-jekonomicheskie pokazateli, 2011 [Regions of Russia. Socio-economic indicators, 2011], 2011. Moscow, Rosstat, 990 p.
7. Sergievich, N. F. 2011, Vlijanie rossijsko-belorusskogo transgranichnogo sotrudnichestva na integracionnye processy [The influence of the Russian-Belarusian cross-border cooperation on the integration processes],Vestnik Baltijskogo nauchnogo centra, no. 1 (33).
8. Fedorov, G. М., Korneevets, V. S. 2010, O sushhnosti i sootnoshenii ponjatij «region», «mezhdunarodnyj», «transnacional'nyj» i «transgranichnyj» region [On the essence and the relationship between the concepts "region", "international", "trans-national" and "cross-border" region], Vestnik Immanuel Kant State University of Russia, no. 3, p. 8—15.