The instruments of Russia — EU research and technological co-operation in the sphere of innovations
The article focuses on the basic tools of Russia-EU international cooperation, cofunded by the EU and Russia, such as crossborder, trans-border, and trans-national cooperation programmes, which can contribute to innovative, scientific and technological development. The author gives an overview of large-scale Russia-EU international cooperation projects in the field of innovations and comments on the cooperation programme running until the end of 2013. Special attention is paid to a special financial tool — the Framework Programme — one of the most important tools of financial support for joint projects in the fields of science and innovation with the EU participation. The article emphasises the opportunities for career growth and professional development for individual researchers in the field of innovation.
2. The Baltic Sea Region INTERREG III B Neighbourhood Programme 2000—2006, available at: http://www. bsrinterreg. net (accessed 22 September 2012).
3. Baltic Sea Region Programme 2007—2013, available at: http://www.eu.baltic.net (accessed 21 September 2012).
4. Developing EXcellence — DEX, available at: http://www. dex. leontief. net/kolar. htm (accessed 20 September 2012).
5. Estonia — Latvia — Russia Cross Border Cooperation Programme, available at: http://www. estlatrus. eu/eng/programme/about_the_programme/objective_ amp_priorities (accessed 20 September 2012).
6. Lithuania-Poland-Russia ENPI Cross-border Cooperation Programme 2007—2013, available at: www. lt-pl-ru. eu (accessed 20 September 2012).
7. Kolarctic ENPI CBC website, available at: http://www. kolarcticenpi.info/en (accessed 20 September 2012).
8. The Karelia ENPI CBC Programme, available at: http://www. kareliaenpi.eu/en (accessed 20 September 2012).
9. European Commission: CORDIS: FP7, available at: http://cordis. europa. eu/fp7/home_en. html (accessed 19 September 2012).
10. Korneevets, V. S. 2010, Mezhdunarodnaja regionalizacija na Baltike [International regionalization in the Baltic Sea], St. Petersburg.
11. Baranova, Yu. V. 2011, Opyt transgranichnogo sotrudnichestva Litvy i Kaliningradskoj oblasti Rossii kak faktor razvitija nauchno-tehnicheskogo i innovacionnogo potenciala prigranichnyh territorij [Experience of cross-border cooperation of Lithuania and the Kaliningrad region of Russia as a factor in the development of scientific, technological and innovation capacity of border areas], Issledovaniâ Baltijskogo regiona [Baltic Region Studies], no. 1(7), p. 131—142.
12. Baranova, Yu. V. 2011, Predposylki formirovanija transgranichnogo regiona na territorii Programmy sosedstva «Litva — Pol'sha — Kaliningradskaja oblast' Rossijskoj Federacii» [Prerequisites for the formation of cross-border region in the Neighbourhood Programme "Lithuania — Poland — Kaliningrad Region of the Russian Federation"], Region sotrudnichestva [Region of cooperation], no. 1 (55), p. 32—46.