Strategic opportunities for economic development of the Baltic Sea coastal zones and sea industrial and port complexes
Nowadays, one of the principal dimensions in attraction of the world economy structures is coastal territories as spaces where marine potential of a state is most pronounced. In this respect, it is vital to set the priorities of development of coastal zones taking into account the changes in the strategic situation in order to maintain the components of marine potential of the Russian Federation at the level of its national interests. The article aims to develop an indicator system of assessment of coastal zone potential, and sea industrial and port facilities in order to identify the characteristic and strategic capacities of the economic development of these territories in the complex approach. The research methodology is based on the assessment of marine potential of coastal territories as an indicator of the efficacy of its marine economic complex development with using the indicator methods as a multi-factor and multi-level spatial system. The proposed system is applied to a complex analysis of coastal territories of the Russian Baltic, the estimation of a socio-economic factor of coastal zone marine potential, as well as recommendations for long-term planning of the economic development of Russia’s coastal zones of the Baltic Sea and the organization of marine activities. This methodology can help to identify a role of coastal territories in the economy and reflect perspectives and directions of strategic development of coastal zones, and sea industrial and port facilities of the Russian Federation.
2. Gogoberidze, G. G. 2008, Indikatornye metody kak instrument kompleksnogo analiza i ocenki primorskih territorij [Indicator as an instrument of a comprehensive analysis and assessment of coastal areas], Vestnik INZhEKONA, Ser. Ekonomika, no. 3, Saint-Petersburg State University of Engineering and Economic, p. 142—151.
3. Gogoberidze, G. G. 2007, Kompleksnoe regionirovanie primorskih territorij Mirovogo okeana [Integrated regionirovanie coastal areas of the World Ocean], Saint Petersburg, Izdatelstvo RGGMU, 396 p.
4. Gogoberidze, G. G. 2009, Ocenka demograficheskogo morehozjajstvennogo potenciala primorskih regionov (subektov) Rossijskoj Federacii [Evaluation of demographic marine economic potential of coastal regions (subjects) of the Russian
Federation], Regional'najajekonomika: teorija i praktika, no. 1, p. 38—45.
5. Gogoberidze, G. G. 2008, Ponjatie i suwnost' morehozjajstvennogo potenciala pribrezhnyh zon i primorskih territorij [Concept and essence of marine economic potential of coastal zones and coastal areas], Problemy sovremennoj ekonomiki, no. 2, p. 266—270.
6. Gogoberidze, G. G. 2008, Struktura i svojstva morehozjajstvennogo potenciala primorskoj territorii [Structure and properties of marine economic potential of coastal
areas], Vestnik Rossijskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta imeni I. Kanta, no. 3, p. 75—81.
7. Morskaja doktrina Rossijskoj Federacii na period do 2020, Official Website of the Government of the Russian Federation, available at: http://www. morskayakollegiya.ru/legislation/doktrina/ (accessed 16 August 2011).